Welcome to the 2019 St. Johns County Tourist Development Arts/Culture/Heritage Grant Program.
The purpose of the Tourism Development ACH Grant program is to provide financial support to events, programs and performances that are unique and will generate interest from outside the county and attract overnight visitors. Events and programs should be of the scale and quality to attract visitors and support the local brand, "Florida’s Historic Coast has Culture Around Every Corner."
Basic Information - see Guidelines for complete Eligibility Requirements:
1. Events/performances/programs must take place in St. Johns County.
2. Arts, Culture or Heritage must be the primary focus of all funded events/performances/programs including fundraisers.
- Applications that include an ACH event simply as an add-on or a component that is secondary to the overall purpose of the event will not be eligible for funding
- Events, performances or programs must be promoted to the public and cannot be unreasonably restrictive through admittance fees, public access or crowd capacity, which limit tourist participation.
- Events which require the purchase of a ticket to a third-party venue will not be considered for funding.
4. Applicants must be an established organization qualified to do business in Florida.
Units of local government or higher education are eligible for programs and events that have an ACH focus.
Organizations that are not Florida corporations/organizations/entities must qualify with the Florida Department of State to do business in Florida.
5. All applicants must have a checking account with a licensed financial institution.
6. Applicant must demonstrate sufficient available funds for planning and implementation of the event/performance program.
- This is a reimbursement grant. Therefore funds for awarded grants are only paid following submission of paid invoices documenting eligible expenses, proof of received matching funds, and submission of the interim or final report. Applicants should understand that funding advances are not made as part of the grant.
- Payments or reimbursements for expenses occurring outside of that time period are not allowed without the written consent of the TDC Executive Director.
8. Matching funds are required for all grants.
9. Proof of necessary permits required at the time of application.
10. Projects must be completed within the fiscal year for which funds are awarded.
All grant awards are for one year.
The fiscal year begins October 1st and runs through September 30th of the following year.